AT DIAMOND RIDGE CAMPS YOU WILL...
- work in the out-of-doors participating in physical activities that will enhance your physical development.
- gain experience in working with children, develop confidence while working as a team member and test your patience and flexibility.
- develop leadership skills that will benefit you with your future plans as a teacher, business person, professional or as a parent.
- experience the unique feeling of knowing that you have made a positive difference in children's lives.
- be working alongside some of the finest educators and camping personnel in the Philadelphia area.
- be given the opportunity to demonstrate your creativity and spirit in the camp's special events, theme day activities and rainy day programs.
- receive training in the fields of child development, behavior management and daily program as well as teaching skills for sports and swimming.
- enjoy your summer employment, have your evenings and weekends free, make new friends and most of all, have lots of FUN!
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STAFF POSITIONS
- SENIOR COUNSELORS - college students and teachers working with a group of children.
- JUNIOR COUNSELORS - entering 11th-12th grades and assist Senior Counselors with a bunk of children. Some Junior Counselors are also hired to work in specialty areas.
- SPECIALIST STAFF - college students, college graduates and educators who have the skills and leadership experience in a specific area such as swim, sports, nature, ropes course, theatre, dance, ceramics, arts and crafts, music, cooking, or boating or aerobics.
Staff must reside within our pick-up area or be able to provide their own transportation. Most staff, 18 years of age and older, provide their own transportation, some pick-up other staff on their way to camp,and some staff, 21 years of age and older, drive camp leased vehicles. Staff needing transportation may be assigned as Transportation Counselors. All offers of positions in camp are dependent upon available transportation if needed.
AS A STAFF MEMBER YOU AGREE TO
- insure the health, safety and welfare of the campers your #1 priority and focus.
- employment for the full eight week season
- provide required references and complete necessary paper work in a timely fashion.
- attendance at orientations, the extended evening activities and specialist meetings (if applicable).
- be on time (8:15 - 8:50 dependent upon your position and transportation arrangements) and make all appointments after the camp day (4:00 or after your transportation responsibilities are completed). If you have another job after camp, arrange your schedule so you do not need to leave early.
- wear a staff shirt and ID badge daily.
- participate in special events and activities.
- support the camp administration, goals, policies and procedures.
- follow daily program schedule, participate enthusiastically and encourage camper involvement in activities
COUNSELORS ALSO AGREE TO
- wear a bathing suit to instructional swim, actively assist at swim lessons and act as a lookout at fun swim.
- assist Specialists with instruction when at sports, arts & crafts, ropes course, etc.
SPECIALISTS ALSO AGREE TO
- plan and carry out program as determined by the Directors.
- assist in program set-up prior to the camp season as needed.
- instruct classes as designated by your Director.
- wear clothing appropriate to your position.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION AT DIAMOND RIDGE CAMPS...
- You will need to complete a staff application. Minors must have application signed by parent/guardian and
apply for working papers.
- Have two written reference forms sent to the camp office.
- If positions are available, personal interviews are scheduled primarily during the day and on some evenings, weekends and school vacations.