College students and teachers working with a group of children.
Entering 10th-12th grades and assist Senior Counselors with a bunk of children. Some Junior Counselors are also hired to work in specialty areas.
College students, college graduates and educators who have the skills and leadership experience in a specific area such as swim, sports, nature, ropes course, theatre, dance, ceramics, arts and crafts, music, cooking, boating or aerobics.
As a Staff Member, You Agree To:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of the campers, your #1 priority and focus.
- Commit to employment for the full eight week season
- Provide required references and complete necessary paperwork by due date noted in your contract.
- Be on time (8:15 – 8:50am dependent upon your position and transportation arrangements) and make all appointments after the camp day (4:00pm or after your transportation responsibilities are completed). If you have another job after camp, arrange your schedule so you do not need to leave early.
- Attend Staff Development, the extended evening activities and specialist meetings (if applicable).
- Wear a staff shirt and ID badge daily.
- Participate in special events and activities.
- Support the camp administration, goals, policies and procedures.
- Follow daily program schedule, participate enthusiastically and encourage camper involvement in activities.
Counselors Also Agree To:
- Wear a bathing suit to instructional swim, actively assist at swim lessons and act as a lookout at fun swim.
- Assist Specialists with instruction when at sports,
arts & crafts, ropes course, etc.
Specialists Also Agree To:
- Plan and carry out program as determined by the Directors.
- Assist in program set-up prior to the camp season as needed.
- Instruct classes as designated by your Director.
- Wear clothing appropriate to your position.